An Open Public PhD Defense of Dr. Abdul Mateen(Wing Commander PAF/Director Motivation Pakistan Air force) PhD Scholar of the Department of Islamic Studies was Conducted on Nov 18,2016 in the Central Library, Garden Campus. Dr.Hafiz Salihuddin, Chairperson Department of Islamic Studies, AWKUM chaired the Session
The following attended:
1. Prof.Dr.Qibla Ayaz, Former Dean, Faculty of Islamic and Oriental Languagesas / VC, University of Peshawar as an External Examiner.
2. Dr.Sirajul Islam, Former Assistant Professor Department of Islamic Studies, as a Super Visor.
3. Prof. Dr. Niaz Muhammad, Dean Faculty of Arts and Humanities, AWKUM, as a Member.
4. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Amin, Former Chairman, Department of Islamic Studies, AWKUM as a Member.
5. Dr.Muhammad Tahir, Assistant Professor Department of Islamic Studies as a Member.
6. Dr. Abzahir Khan, Assistant Professor Department of Islamic Studies as a Member.
7. Dr. Karimdad, Assistant Professor Department of Islamic Studies, AWKUM.
8. Mr.Gulzar Ali, Assistant Professor Department of Islamic Studies, AWKUM.
9. Mr. Tariq Mehmood, Deputy Director, ORIC as a Nominee of the Director, Academics, AWKUM.
10. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Sajjad, Chairman Department of Statistics, AWKUM.
11. All PhD, Scholars of the Batch 6th and 7th of the Department of Islamic Studies, AWKUM.
The session started with the Recitation of the Holy Quran by Dr.Abzahir Khan(PhD, Coordinator).
After the Recitation of the Holy Quran, Dr.Abzahir khan briefed the house regarding proceedings of the event, thereafter; the scholar presented the abstract of his Thesis.
The External Examiner and the Participants asked questions to which the scholar responded positively. Consequent upon the Decision of The supervisory committee, the scholar Dr.Abdul Mateen was found eligible for the Award of PhD Degree in the Field of Islamic Studies.
Prof.Dr.Niaz Muhammad , Dean F/O Arts and Humanities, thanked the External Examiner and all the participants of the session.
Dr.Hafiz Salihuddin, Chairperson Department of Islamic Studies also thanked the Participants with special reference to the External Examiner.